Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley’s First Ever Apple Pie Baking Contest Hosted by Hartford Orchards on Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 1:30pm! Will you please bake a pie and enter?
Two Ways to get involved to support Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley!
- Enter an apple pie in the contest (categories: kids K -4th; youth 5th – 12th; Adult 18 and older & Professional)
- Pledge a monetary donation for each pie entered (up to a predetermined number you set)
The Abbreviated Highlights (be sure to download the full rules):
- DOWNLOAD an entry form to bake an apple pie or a sponsorship form to pledge to donate! (due by 3pm on Wed Nov. 13, 2019 to the Mission)
- BAKE & SUBMIT YOUR PIE – check it in on Saturday November 16, 2019 at one of two locations
• between 11am till noon at Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley (962 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Youngstown, Ohio 44510. 330-744-5485) for RMMV to transport to contest (or)
• between 11am and 1pm at Hartford Orchards (6953 Wilson Sharpsville Rd Hartford, Ohio 44424. 330-772-2100)
- ABOUT THE PIES: Submissions must be
1. A single, full size pie in a disposable pie tin or pan you wish to donate to the Mission. (remainder of pie after judging will be donated to the RMMV. Additional pies may also be donated.)
2. Freshly baked & made from scratch including filling & crust. Pie filling must be at least 60% apples and may include other fruits or ingredients. No store-bought canned pie filling, store bought pie shells/crusts allowed. Pie can be single, two crusted and/or crumbed crusted topping.
- FEE: To celebrate our 1st contest year, entry fees have been waived!
- BLESSING TO THE MISSION: Why should you enter? There is an opportunity for the community to pledge a donation to the Mission for each pie entered in the context. (For example Joe agrees to pledge $5 per pie entered, up to 20 pies for a $100 gift to the Mission! ) Additionally, all pies will be served to clients at the shelter at the completion of the event.
- PRIZES: First, Second and Third place ribbons will be awarded to all four divisions. Additionally, first place winners will receive a small award. All entrants will receive a participation certificate.
- JUDGING & CRITERIA: 1:30pm at Hartford Orchards on Nov 16 2019. Judges will use a point system to assess entries. Full details in the rules.Thank You for Supporting Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley!
And a special thank you to Hartford Orchards for hosting this event!
Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley
962 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Youngstown, Ohio 44510
Below are all of the rules, the entry form and other important details!
Bakers to the Rescue Flyer
click here for the entry form
Bakers to the Rescue Rules page 1
Bakers to the Rescue Rules page 2
Download the sponsorship form here
Back to Events