Right now, a grant from your Donor Advised Fund can change a life at Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley!
What is a Donor Advised Fund (DAF)?
Donor AdvisedFunds (DAF) are an easy and tax-efficient way to manage charitable giving. Donor Advised Funds allow you to receive an immediate tax benefit for your charitable contribution,and then recommend grants from your fund on your timeframe to help Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley or any of your favorite charities!
- Grants made to the Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley through Donor Advised Funds are designated to be used “Where Most Needed.” If you have a specific interest that you’d like to discuss, please contact Lynn Wyant, Chief Development Officer, at 330-744-5485 EXT 215 or email LWyant@RescueMissionMV.org. Thank you for your interest in Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley and for your faithful giving!
What address should I use when gifting to Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley and what is the TAX ID number for the shelter?
- When granting through your DAF, please use the following address: Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley PO Box 430 Youngstown, Oh 44501. NOTE: Gifts often arrive without a donors name or contact information included. Please provide your information so we may thank you properly. If you could call us or email us to alert us of a gift that would be fantastic! 330-744-5485 X503 or LWyant@rescuemissionmv.org
- Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley’s tax I.D. number is 34-6006424
What’s the easiest way to set up a gift or ongoing giving through my DAF?
- Just contact your fund manager and request a check to be sent to the Rescue Mission of Mahoning Vallley
- Or – clients of some of the largest Donor Advised Funds can easily make a designation by conveniently clicking on the link of their Fund below.
Some things to think about
- Many donors don’t know that recurring donations are an option from DAFs. One of the biggest barriers to even more impact at the Rescue Mission is that we often don’t have certainty about how much money will be donated in a given year. Many people choose to make a recurring gift because it allows us to plan more thoughtfully and make the most of your donations! And you can always cancel the gift from your DAF should you need to.
- Many donors don’t have beneficiary designations for the DAFs. One thing we have seen is that many of our donors forget to add beneficiary designations. This is a great time to double check your DAF to be sure there is a beneficiary.
- Many donors don’t realize their employer may match GRANTS from (but not donations to) DAFs. You may have already thought of this, but please inquire to see if your employer offers a match for when you award your contributions to the Rescue Mission. Thank you!
Thank you so much for your faithful support!