WHILE POINTING TO CHRIST, WE SEEK TO OFFER OUR EMERGENCY SHELTER CLIENTS A WAY UP AND OUT OF HOMELESSNESS.
This assistance provides food & housing in our shelter as the client works to achieve his or her transition plan objectives. The program provides basic services plus:
- Assistance (when available) with bus passes to seek work
- Biblical counseling/case work
- Referrals to legal aid and other third-party agencies
- Veterans aid (when applicable)
- Skills assistance in job search, personal finances, and household management
Participants in this program are subject to frequent accountability reviews by Mission staff and are required to save at least 50% of their discretionary income in an account administered by the Mission. One hundred percent of this money is returned to the client when they are ready to move on from the Mission. Clients find it rewarding to have saved money during their stay helping to make their transition from the shelter a sustainable one.