THE RESCUE MISSION OF MAHONING VALLEY AND OTHERS LIKE IT ARE HAVENS OF HOPE FOR THE LOST AND LONELY WHO CALL THE STREET HOME.
The Need on the Streets according to the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions (AGRM):
- As many as 30 million people in the U.S. go hungry every day.
- Estimates of homelessness range from 750,000 to 1 million individuals on any given night.
- Approximately 88 million Americans are held captive by drugs or alcohol.
Gospel rescue missions have a long history of providing lifelines for those drowning in adversity and addiction.
For more than a century, Rescue Missions like the Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley have been keeping watch on the waterfront of despair, and countless men, women, and children have been saved in every sense of the word.
According to Medscape.com:
- Over 7% of persons living in the US have been homeless (defined as sleeping in shelters, the street, abandoned buildings, cars, or bus and train stations) at some point in their lives.
- The fastest-growing segment of the homeless population are families with children.
- Homeless adults have an age-adjusted mortality rate nearly four times that of the general population.
- Average length of stay at a US shelter is 14 days.
THE RESCUE MISSION OF MAHONING VALLEY OFFERS:
- Free hot food
- Clean clothing
- Temporary shelter
- Case management
- Learning opportunities
- The possibility of a more abundant life through a personal relationship with Jesus
Thank you for caring for our clients at Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley. We see each individual who seeks shelter and food at the Mission as someone who was created on purpose, for a purpose by God. We do our best not to use terms like "The Homeless" and encourage you to do the same! God bless.