GET TO KNOW US
RESCUE MISSION OF THE MAHONING VALLEY
By God's grace,
the Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley
exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ
as we promote accountability
and provide food and emergency shelter
to men, women and children
experiencing hunger and homelessness.
ARTICLES OF FAITH
The following articles are an expression of our religious convictions and form the basis that guides the Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley in the formulation and execution of policies, procedures, and employment practices.
ARTICLES OF FAITH
- We believe that the Bible is God's Word, that it was written by men divinely inspired and that it is the supreme infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (Acts 1:16; Rom. 15:4; Heb 4:12; 2 Tim 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:19-21)
- We believe in the Unity of the Godhead in which there are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption. (Gen. 1:1; Col. 1:16; Job 33:4; Heb. 9:14; Matt. 28:19)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth to convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort, and instruct those who believe in Christ. (Jn. 14:26, 15:26; Lk. 12:12; Jn 3:5; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, sinless in His life, making atonement for the sin of the world by His death on the cross. (Mt. 1:18-25; Rom. 3:25; 1 Jn 2:2; Heb. 4:15; Rom. 5:6-11)
- We believe in Jesus Christ, in the bodily resurrection of Christ, His ascension into Heaven, His high priestly intercession for His people, and His personal, visible return to the world according to His promises. (Rom. 6:9-10; 1 Cor. 15:1-4; Rom. 8:34; Jn 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16)
- We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by choice and are saved only by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ upon the Cross which provides complete forgiveness of sin. We believe that those who accept Christ as Savior shall rejoice forever with God and those who refuse will be forever separated from God in eternal torment. (Rom. 3:10-25; Col. 1:20; Jn 6:4; Lk. 12:5, 16:23; 1 Cor. 6:9-11).
- We believe that God has established marriage as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, bi-sexual, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, pornography or otherwise, is immoral and sinful and is a perversion of God’s gift of sex (Gen. 2:24-25; Ex. 20:14, 17, 22:19; Lev. 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16; Matt. 19:4-9; Rom. 1:18-31; 1 Cor. 6:9-20; 1 Tim. 1:8-11; Jude 7).
- We believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender is immoral, sinful and in direct opposition to God’s desire for mankind (Gen. 1:27; Deut. 22:5).
- We believe that since human life begins at the moment of conception, the unborn child is a living human being made in the image of God. Aborting an unborn child is therefore considered immoral, sinful and in direct opposition to God’s desire for mankind (Job 3:16; Ps 51:5, 139:14-16; Isa. 44:24, 49:1; Jer. 1:5, 20:15-18; Lk. 1:44)
(Oct 1 - Sep 30)
|Men (100 beds)||22,617||14,273||9,758||10,998||17,155||17,520||23,729||26,462||30,830||30,068||22,793||17,828||17,511|
|Women (86 beds)||14,176||11.335||6,607||9,158||12,775||10,950||11,690||10,467||11,530||8,263||8,389||8,446||7,173|
|Total Stays Provided||44,659||32,838||18,808||24,098||37,960||35,040||41,150||43,498||47,657||44,553||36,114||30,241||28,503|